Friday, October 31, 2008

FREE - Leftovers tonight, and homemade pita chips!

I have to be honest, I had planned a nice creamy wild rice soup for tonight... but then I looked in the fridge. I can't cook! We still have Pasta e Fagioli, Indian Lentil Soup, and Tuna Mac n'Cheese! Plus we're having a Halloween pot luck tomorrow, so we'll have MORE leftovers... at least it's a cheap weekend after dinner out last night! I think I'll throw some bread in the bread maker.

Here's something to add to the healthy snacks list:

Homemade Pita Chips
1 package whole wheat pitas (I buy them day-old at my bakery, it's usually $1.00 a package!)
Spices of your choice
Olive Oil in a spray atomizer

Cut pita into small pieces and spread out on baking tray. Spritz with oil, then sprinkle with spices. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until browned. Use with the healthy dips I posted earlier! Some favorite spice combinations - garlic and grated cheese, oregano and a pinch of cayenne pepper, chinese five spice, sea salt and cracked black pepper, or even cinnamon sugar!

No comments: