Puttanesca's is back! We had a great weekend but I don't even want to THINK about what we spent on food all weekend... ugh... so back into it with one of my most successful experiments ever! This one is a "Trisha original". My stepmom makes an amazing quiche, so this is how to make a quiche when you have no time to make a pie crust!
Ham and Cheese Pie ~ $0.60 per serving
1 8 oz. ham steak, cubed ($2.00)
1 cup shredded cheese ($1.50)
1 small onion, chopped ($0.25)
2 eggs ($0.50)
1 cup milk ($0.30)
1/2 cup baking mix ($0.20)
1. Grease 9 inch pie plate. Preheat ove to 400 degrees
2. Sprinkle ham, cheese, and onion into plate.
3. Combine eggs, milk, baking mix, and pepper in bowl. Pour over ham mixture.
4. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
5. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 8 servings.
I admit it, I served this with frozen veggies, Green Giant broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots in cheese sauce ($0.25 per serving.) I think I can play with different cheeses and different proteins for a new taste. I bet black beans and colby jack cheese, with salsa to dip in, would make a kickin' tamale pie! Or cubed smoked turkey with swiss cheese? Lots of possibilities!
Josh loved this, Jim wants the leftovers for breakfast. I think that I will make two at a time next time... the second one I will freeze for a night when I'm really pressed for time!