Buffalo Chicken Cacciatore ~ $1.13 per serving, $4.50 total cost
1/2 cup brown rice ($0.15)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces ($2.50)
2 celery stalks, sliced thin ($0.25)
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained ($1.00)
1/2 cup wing sauce ($0.30)
1/4 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing ($0.30)
1. Preheate oven to 350 degrees. Cook rice according to package directions. Spoon into greased 8 inch square pan.
2. Heat oil over medium heat. Saute celery and chicken until chicken is completely cooked.
3. Remove from heat, stir in tomatoes and wing sauce. Spoon over rice. Do not stir.
4. Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
5. Drizzle dressing over the top and serve.
Makes 4 servings
Josh said "So spicy, mama!" and asked for some cheese instead. Jim said it was spicy too, but he ate two helpings. I think it was fine, but the leftovers will get spicier with time. I will decrease the wing sauce next time, but this was a nice dinner when we want something a little different!