Monday, January 19, 2009

Nana's $0.50 Garlic Toast and the one recipe I can't ever share...

Tonight we used up the last of my heirloom meat sauce. That's the recipe I can't share... it's been passed down through many generations of little Italian peasant women. When I make it, I am makingat least 5 or 6 meals at once. So we had the last frozen container of it tonight over ravioli with my stepmom's amazing garlic toast. Jim calls it garlic crack...

Garlic Butter for Toast ~ $0.50 total cost
1 stick of butter ($0.50)
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1/2 tsp. freeze dried parsley
Sliced Italian Bread (I use leftovers!)

1. Melt butter in microwave.
2. Let butter cool slightly and mix in garlic and parsley.
3. Pour into tub and refrigerate until solid.
4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and cover baking sheet with foil.
5. Spread garlic butter on both sides of each slice of bread.
6. Bake for 3 minutes on each side. Remove immediately.

The Verdict
I made 12 slices. There's 1 left. :)

No comments: