I belong to a mommies' board since back before my Josh was born. There are a great bunch of ladies there! We have our ups and downs but on the whole they are wonderful and supportive and fun. Michelle passed me this recipe and I HAD to try it...
Cheater Chicken Pot Pie ~ $0.91 per serving, $4.70 total
1 lb. cooked chicken breast ($2.00)
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables ($0.75)
1 can cream mushroom soup ($0.75)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 lb. bag frozen diced potatoes (hashbrowns)
1 tube of light crescent rolls ($1.00)
1/2 C milk ($0.20)
pepper to taste
Leftover french fries, diced, instead of hashbrowns (FREE!)
Golden Mushroom condensed soup, instead of cream of mushroom ($0.75)
1. Shred 1 lb. of chicken breast, mix it with frozen potatoes and mixed vegetables.
2. In a separate bowl, mix 2 cans of soup with milk. Add a pinch of pepper to taste.
3. Pour soup mixture over chicken/veggie mixture, stir to combine.
4. Pour into bottom of 9X13 baking dish, bake at 375 until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
5. Unroll tube of crescent dough, separate into 4 flat rectangles. Place onto pot-pie mixture, bake as directed on can (or until they are lightly browned, about 20 minutes).
Makes 6 servings
Definitely EASY. And Josh said "Delicious dinner, Mommy!" It's a hit, and it's definitely a keeper. Thanks, Michelle!