Wednesday, November 12, 2008

$0.80 per serving ~ Crockpot Lasagna

I haven't created a recipe out of my head for a while. So I decided to try my hand at something I've never done! I hear tell you can cook pasta in a crockpot, so why not try lasagna? I hate boiling the noodles and then trying to assemble the lasagna, so I gave it a whirl.

Crockpot Lasagna a la Trisha ~ $0.80 per serving
1 jar pre-made tomato sauce ($1.00)
1 lb. ground beef ($2.00)
1 15 oz. container of ricotta cheese ($2.50)
1 cup shredded mozzarella ($1.40)
8 lasagna noodles, broken in half ($0.50)

1. Brown ground beef on stovetop and drain. Mix cooked beef with ricotta cheese.
2. Pour enough sauce in to cover the bottom of a 6 qt. crockpot. Lay four noodle halves on the bottom. Layer 1/4 of the meat mixture onto noodles, top with a handful of cheese. Place 4 more noodle halves and pour sauce over it. Continue to layer until ingredients are gone, ending with noodles, sauce, and a sprinkling of cheese on top.
3. Cook on high for 5 hours. Turn off heat, uncover, and let stand for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings

The Verdict
Wow. Wow! WOW! This was amazing! Next time I will increase the sauce and the ricotta, as iti absorbed a TON of moisture, but it was really fantastic!!! Make sure that you place everything carefully that it does NOT touch the sides or you will have a sticky mess to clean up. But YUM!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So So SOOOO Delicious! And you are right the leftovers were HEAVEN!