Saturday, April 4, 2009

$1.00 per serving ~ Apple Pie Pork Chops with Stuffing

My sister mentioned a recipe like this and I searched high and low to find something close!

Apple Pie Pork Chops with Stuffing ~$1.00 per serving, $6.00 total cost
1 can apple pie filling ($2.00)
6 boneless pork chops ($3.00)
1 box stuffing mix, prepared ($1.00)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray bottom of 11x7 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Spread pie filling in bottom of pan. Top with pork chops, followed by stuffing. Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes.
3. Uncover and bake 10-15 more minutes, until pork is fully cooked.
Makes 6 servings


The Verdict

Jim and Josh both went nuts for this! I served it with some steamed snap peas and baby carrots. I was not nuts about it, but told Jim I would like to try it with peaches or apricots instead.


1 comment:

Tami said...

Sounds yummy. By the way, reading this blog has inspired me to sign up at Betty Crocker for recipes and stuff. Why Betty Crocker? It's the first name that came to mind. LOL! Anyhoo, need to wait til I actually have money to spend on food. I am so excited to cook now. :)