Mess o'Produce Stir-Fry
Stir-fry oil of your choice
2-inch piece of fresh gingerroot, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup fresh green beans, sliced in 1 inch pieces
1 head bok choy, chopped (reserve leaves for a salad!)
Soy and teriyaki sauces, to taste
1. Heat oil in a large wok or skillet. Saute garlic and gingerroot until fragrant.
2. Add green onions and saute until soft
3. Add carrots and stir fry 2-3 minutes
4. Add green beans and stir fry 2-3 minutes
5. Add bok choy and stir fry 2-3 minutes
6. Add enough vegetable stock to fill about halfway to top of veggies. Bring to bubbling. Cover and cook another 5-7 minutes.
7. Remove from heat. Stir in soy and/or teriyaki sauces to taste
Everyone loved this as a side dish! It was a big hit. I will try it with other vegetables. Just try to add the veggies in order of which needs the most cooking time, so nothing is over- or under-done.
Yummy Meatloaf Glaze
Equal parts brown sugar, ketchup, and pineapple preserves (1/3rd cup of each for 4 servings, 1/2 cup for 6 servings.)
1. Mix together well. Pour over meatloaf and cook for the final 20 minutes of cook time.
This is Josh and Jim's favorite way to eat meatloaf, though it makes leftover meatloaf sandwiches very messy...