I know, I know!
This blog is shifting focus slightly for the summer. We purchased a CSA from a local organic farm. We also planted 3 "square foot gardening" plots. So I'll be focusing on our recipes for xall our wonderful fresh produce!
1 bunch fresh greens of any kind (kale, swiss chard, collard greens, beet greens, mustard greens, rapini, etc.)
Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1. Chop greens (1/2 inch pieces for stems, 1 inch for leaves)
2. Saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
3. Add stem pieces and saute 5 minutes.
4. Add enough stock to fill the bottom of the pan but not cover the pieces entirely.
5. Cover and braise stems about 10 minutes.
6. Add leaves, re-cover, and braise 5 more minutes.
Serves 6 as a side dish
What a great side dish! So far I've cooked chard, dinosaur kale, and beet greens this way. Josh didn't express an opinion but ate his whole serving. Good thing, because there's always TONS of dark greens in NJ gardens!