Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alison's Aloha Bread

My high school friend Alison said "It's called Aloha bread because it's gone in seconds!" I liked that so much I named the recipe after her!

Alison's Aloha Bread
2 and 3/4 cups flour (I used white whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup canola oil
1 tsp coconut extract
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup coconut
2 mashed bananas

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two loaf pans. Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl by hand.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well blended.
3. Pour into prepared loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Makes 2 loaves of 8 servings each.

The Verdict
This is so moist and delicious, it's more like a cake than a quick bread. Josh likes it with cream cheese, I like it with butter, Jim likes it plain, and Julia likes it in her hair, on her face, on the floor... this one is definitely a hit. I wrap the second loaf tightly in plastic wrap and then foil to freeze it for a later date. Thaw it out and it's ready to slice!

No comments: